Helene Honduras

Helene Honduras
Northside Palm

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hello again, long time! Since I haven’t written anything in this blog since 2007, I suspect that nobody has been here to see it either! So, just to catch you up…

· I am still in Helene, Honduras serving as a nurse missionary, and have now been here for nearly 4 ½ years!

· God has been growing and stretching me steadily – spiritually, physically, emotionally, and vocationally. I am now doing dental and veterinary work in addition to the medical work!

· I am running or participating in 2-3 Bible studies a week, as well as continuing to disciple/mentor several island girls or young women.

· I am now a Grandma of 2! Aubrie Jean is 3 ½, Wyatt is 9 months old!!

· The Lord has done some amazing things here on Helene, with the school now being run by an island-led school board, my clinic assistant of nearly 3 years went off to college for nursing, so I am training a new assistant with a very strong interest in the medical field, hoping to become a doctor someday!

· We have left the Alternative Missions organization, and are now a part of a new non-profit called Missions Encounters, Int’l (MEI). It is very exciting to watch God open doors and new opportunities and possibilities with this change.

I do plan to become more consistent with this form of communication now, so check back regularly if you are interested in keeping in touch with me or the goings on here in Helene. I would love to hear from you anytime! If you’d like to see some pictures, check out my web album at: http://picasaweb.google.com/livewyre4cj.

God bless!

Deirdre

No comments: